On May 25th 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation came into effect across the EU. It is a new law that has been implemented in exactly the same way across all EU countries to create a level set of rules to ensure all data held and processed by organisations within the EU is secure and processed lawfully.
Public organisations, schools (and academies) are required to comply with GDPR. At St Joseph's Primary School we have been working to become fully compliant.
Some of the things we have done are:
- Made everyone in School aware – all the way up to our governors.
- Been on several training courses
- Put a team together to work on compliance with a designated GDPR co-ordinator
- Reviewed our data, documents and policies
- Sent out new consent forms to all parents
We have always highly valued and protected all of our student, parent and staff data and will continue to do so in the presence of GDPR.
As a parent/carer you will have received a new consent form and data sheet. Please do read and send back everything you receive asap.
Should you have any queries regarding GDPR then please direct them towards the admin office email: email@example.com