About St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
St Joseph's School was founded in 1904 by the Sisters of the Convent of the Holy Family. The school was granted voluntary-aided status in 1970 under the auspices of the Diocese of Plymouth.
In March 1987 storms destroyed most of the old building and the school survived in temporary buildings until the new school opened in September 1992. The school is a fully equipped seven-classroom primary school which occupies a pleasant site overlooking the Exe estuary.
Foundation Governors appointed by the Bishop, elected parent and staff governors oversee the school. We are funded by the DCSF and Devon County Council.
At the moment 60% of our children are baptised Catholics and the remainder from other Christian denominations.
Prospective parents are welcome to visit the school to meet the staff and pupils.
Total number of pupils on Roll as at 7 February 2011 - 205. If you need to contact us for any reason or to arrange a visit to the school please use the information provided below:
St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
Tel: 01395 264875
Contact Form: Click Here